Yoga isn’t all about showing up to class, rolling out your mat, and reaching for your
toes. Yoga is so much more than. The amazing news is; if yoga is so much more,
then we have so much more to gain and benefit from yoga.
Here are 5 ways you can be yoga when you’re not just doing yoga.
- Start thinking about all the things you have already accomplished in your day,
your year, your career….instead of thinking about all the things you still have to
do. You’re running up a checklist in your mind already why not make it one that
makes you feel good.
- When you feel uneasy about something or you are pushing yourself further than
before….pause….ask yourself; am I ok now? Will I pay for this later (either
physical soreness or mentally over analyzing everything)?…..if you answer yes
and then no then carrying on, friend, use your breath if you need it. If you
answered no and then yes stop and come back to honouring your soul.
- Breathe……Breathe……Breathe……I know you have heard it before. Maybe
even many many times. Here it is one more time….nothing is more powerful at
reducing the stress hormones surging through your body during tense times than
your very own breath.
- Realize that every choice you make matters. This isn’t to overwhelm you, but
simply show you how easy it is to create the life you want to live. You are in
control of your thoughts and choices. Therefore you are in control of creating
- As often as you can keep your mouth ever so slightly open. This reduces
subvocalization, the very subtle jaw movements that are created during mental
chatter, therefore reducing that mental chatter.
Try these out and see how you begin to feel. Yoga is for everyday. Yoga is for life. www.theyogastudiocalgary.com