It's great to do a yoga routine before or after work, but what about incorporating some stretches into the rest of your day? Stretch breaks are especially important for people whose jobs require them to sit at a desk in front of a computer for long hours, which can result in back pain and repetitive stress injuries. Just taking a few minutes to do stretches at your desk can relieve stress, increase productivity, and most importantly, make you feel better.
1. Take your shoes off before starting these stretches if you are wearing high heels.
2. Close your eyes.
3. Let your chin drop down to your chest.
4. Begin to circle your neck slowly, taking the right ear to the right shoulder, the head back, and then the left ear to the left shoulder.
5. Try to keep the shoulders relaxed and not to hurry through any areas of tightness that you come across.
6. Take 3-5 rolls and then switch directions and take another 3-5 rolls.
1. Bring both feet flat on the floor.
2. Bring your hands onto your knees.
3. On an inhale, arch the back and look up toward the ceiling.
4. On the exhale, round the spine and let your head drop forward.
5. Repeat for 3-5 breaths.
Adapted from Cat - Cow Stretch .
1. Push your chair back from your desk.
2. Bring both feet flat on the floor.
3. Interlace your fingers behind your back.
4. Straighten your arms as much as possible, drawing your interlaced fingers down.
5. Fold at the waist, bringing your interlaced hands over your back.
6. Rest your chest on your thighs and release your neck.
Adapted from Standing Forward Bend .
It is said that life begins at the end of your comfort zone. When you want something you’ve never had, you have to do something you’ve never done. Why not try a new class!! Why not try our Balanced Yoga class with the incredible Marcy. This class begins September 11th.
This 75 minute class blends the dynamic energy of a flow class to strengthen, stretch, and get the body and mind invigorated. Then moves into stillness with poses that focus on lengthening, elongating, and releasing the fascia to loosening blockages. Held in a warm room to encourage blood flow and ease throughout the practice. The purpose of this class is to create a sense of unity and balance within the body, mind, and soul.
See you on the mat Mondays at 12:30 !